In this page you find facts and figures about the Dutch poultry sector.
Did you know that
- There are 284 parent flock farms in the Netherlands for the production of poultry meat.
- These parent flock farms contain about 6 million parent flock animals, which produce 1,054 million of eggs for the broiler production.
- There are 17 hatcheries in which 695 million of eggs are being bred.
- There are 709 broiler farms in the primary production and annually 46 million of broilers grow in these farms.
- There are 20 poultry slaughterhouses in the Netherlands where approximately 750,000 ton meat is produced.
- There are 290 cutting plants and mechanical separating meat companies who further produce poultry products after slaughtering.